call a toll free # from netherlands to us

Forums Forums Questions answered call a toll free # from netherlands to us

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    plc
    Participant

I am placing an ad in the netherlands to call a toll free # in the us. How do I correctly write the number format, because in the netherlands a toll free # is 0800, but I don’t know if I need to write the country code etc 00-1-0800-xxx-xxxx? or 00+1+800-xxx-xxxx or do you just write 800-xxx-xxxx? help its urgent, i’ll loose my job if i don’t figure this out.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

One thing you should know is that dialing a US toll free number from abroad is not free. If you want the call to be free for people in the Netherlands you must use a Netherlands toll free number that redirects to a US phone. Another option is to use a Netherlands local number also redirecting to the US (in both cases you, the receiver of these calls would pay international charges). Two such services that come to mind are Local Phone and United World Telecom for Dutch local numbers and toll free numbers respectively. Below are links to these services:
    https://www.localphone.com/services/incoming_numbers
    https://www.unitedworldtelecom.com/services/toll-free-numbers/

To answer the other part of your question: to call a US toll free number from the Netherlands the following dialing sequence is required: 00 1800 xxx xxxx. Note that some US toll free numbers can not be accessed from abroad. This usually happens when the toll free number’s owner choses not to be contacted from other countries which makes sense since calling the toll free number is not free for the caller.

If you have any further questions please reply to this message.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam