Call collect from Sweden to a USA bank?

Forums Forums Questions answered Call collect from Sweden to a USA bank?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PonnyPuppy
    Participant

The toll free number is 800 USBANKS (I am assuming it won’t work from Sweden). They said I could call collect 1-503-401-xxxx

I have tried to figure out how to place a collect call from Sweden, or telefonsamtal som betalas av mottagaren. It sounds like it’s either a. impossible or b. really difficult.

I got a skype account, but apparently using skype would cost money too.

What about calling the toll free number from Sweden to the USA?

I am flat broke right now, and I just cannot afford to pay for an international call. Otherwise I would just gladly pay for the call, and get it over with.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    To place the collect call you need to dial a local operator who would dial the call for you, so you would need to be able to use a local phone.

If you don’t have access to a regular phone, but you can use a computer equipped with a microphone try using Rebtel – they let you place a trial call before requiring any payments. Use the link below and scroll towards the bottom to visit this partner of ours and claim your free call:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/usa/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam