Call from international number

Forums Forums Questions answered Call from international number

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rushdah
    Participant

Hello, I have received a call from international number (+8881233410) about taking admission to abroad. May I know from which country they called me and how can I call back.

admin
    Participant

There is no country code starting with 88 or 888 so this doesn’t look like a complete international phone number therefore it’s virtually impossible to tell where they’re calling you from. Why you are unable to see the complete number I don’t know – they might have a way of hiding it so you can’t call back.

KatieV
    Participant

Hi All,
    Just had an international call using the code 000 208,I thought that 000 was used to dial out of the UK not in.
    Can anyone help?

admin
    Participant

Hello Katie.
    Actually, to dial out of the UK one should use 00 not 000.
    How many digits do you have after 208? Maybe this isn’t even an international number calling you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam