Calling a US cell that is over seas

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling a US cell that is over seas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vronkizable93
    Participant

I am in the US and I want to call a friend’s US based cell phone that is currently in philipines. How do I do this? Do I need to buy an international calling card? His cell number is (386)490-6???. He has bought phone cards and called me, but when he does that, his number shows up as 63-915-850-4??? Which number do I call back?

admin
    Participant

Hello,

To call your friend’s US mobile phone (assuming your friend has an international plan and therefore is able to use the phone abroad) you do not need to add any international codes to the US number – just pretend that your friend is still in the US and dial the number accordingly.

The Philippines number showing on your caller ID is a mobile phone as well. My guess is that your friend also has a local cell phone (or maybe he’s replaced the US SIM card with a local SIM). To call the Philippines cell add 011 to the number: 011 63 and so on.

The difference between the two situations in terms of calling costs incurred is that, in the first situation your friend would likely pay a high roaming rate to receive your calls while receiving calls on the Philippines cell is free (although this time you’d pay to dial internationally).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam