calling an Australian CELL PHONE

Forums Forums Questions answered calling an Australian CELL PHONE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jenniferallison
    Participant

I understand that the format is 011+61+4 but then there are supposed to be eight digits. I am supposed to drop the O, correct? Then that leaves me with only seven digits.

admin
    Participant

Hello Jennifer,
    You are supposed to drop the zero if you have a zero before 4. Australian cell numbers dialed within Australia have this national format: 04???? ????. When calling from the US you leave out the zero: 011 61 4???? ????. You don’t drop any digits after 4. And yes, you should have 9 digits for the cell number (including the 4).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam