Calling Canada From Belgium

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling Canada From Belgium

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sejanus
    Participant

I’m trying to call any Canadian number from Kortrijk (Belgium).

Every number I call I get an automated voice message saying “This call is not authorized”.

This happens when I use 001-xxx-xxx-xxxx or +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

I’ve tried all three network providers here in Kortrijk and they all give the same (slightly different) message.

jaunty_mellifluous
    Participant

You have to dial the number using 001 first and then the Canadian number is 10 digits. Check to see if your telephone network is allowing International Calls from your phone. Sometimes you have to get those activated before you can make a call.

You can try sending the number to admin he can try to make a test call to see if the number works.

Use the contact button on the top.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    The previous poster is right – it seems that you are not allowed to place international calls. Or it could be that the number you are calling can not be dialed from outside Canada.

Sejanus
    Participant

I called my service provider and apparently there was an international block on my phone from 2005!?!?!

They removed it and I’m now able to make calls.

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam