calling international cell phones while at conference in Spain

Forums Forums Questions answered calling international cell phones while at conference in Spain

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    djn
    Participant

I am from the US and have an iphone with ATT service — and am traveling from the US to a conference in Spain. My colleagues are coming from all over the world. We are asked to share our cell phone numbers so that we can reach each other while in Spain. What country codes should I give to my colleagues who are coming from Israel, Italy, and the UK so that they can reach me while we are all in Spain on my US Cell number. Do I add something in front of my XXX XXX XXXX number? In other words, when giving out my cell phone number to the international community while we are in Spain, what should I tell then to dial before dialing my usual cell phone number?

Second question: how does my family (in the US) reach me on my cell while I am in Spain? What codes do they need to use?

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    Just make sure your ATT international roaming service is activated before you leave for Spain.

Your family will call you the way they usually do, ATT will take care of connecting the call to wherever you are.

In Spain, give your conference partners either +1 ??? ??? ???? or 00 1 ??? ??? ????. Both methods work, the first one is generally used with cell phones. Example: +1 702 000 0000 or 00 1 702 000 0000.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam