Calling Japan

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling Japan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    srmtol
    Participant

I have Vonage and I am trying to call a number in Japan that is 04-7093-xxxx. I have tried dialing by adding 011 + 81 +43 + 04-7093-xxxx. This does not work… Any help on calling would be appreciated

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Our website provides additional info such as how many digits are in a phone number for most countries. On the page on calling Japan ( https://www.howtocallabroad.com/japan/ ) you’ll see that landlines in this country are always 9 digit (including area code). This means that the number you were given includes the area code for the city you’ll be calling. Also, you must leave out the starting zero which is a code used for calling within Japan. In conclusion, the correct dialing sequence from the US/Canada is: 011 81 47093 xxxx.

I hope this helps.

jmcewen
    Participant

i have a telephone number for Osaka Sakai,Japan as 080-3655-xxxx I dailed 01181-72-80-3655-xxxx and cannot get connected. My wife is trying to contact her sister who she has lost contact with for many years. We finally got her sisters number from family and seek your help. I am calling Japan from USA

admin
    Participant

Jim,
    The number you have is a Japanese cell phone. These do not use area codes so what you need to dial is 011 81 80 3655 ????. The page I mentioned above has all this info (and more).

jmcewen
    Participant

thank you so much we made contact with my wifes sister and we want to let you know of our heart felt appreciation. My wife is just so excited to get to talk to her sister after so many years

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam