Calling to Cellphone in Italy

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling to Cellphone in Italy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tagforce717
    Participant

A few days ago my girlfriend told me she was moving to Rome. For the past several days I’ve been trying to call her number, but everytime I do so I get one of those voice messages that says, “Your call cannot be completed as dialed.” Since I’m still in the US, I’ve been trying to reach her cellphone using the number 011-39-06-xxx-xxxx. If someone could help me with this problem, I would much appreciate it.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Is this an Italian cell number? What is the number exactly (you can replace the last 3 digits with ???).

tagforce717
    Participant

I’m not sure if it is an Italian cell number. She was recently in Cairo and I was dialing the number 011-20-16-722-5??? (which doesn’t make sense to me considering the area code for Egypt is 2; yet I was somehow able to reach her). I’m just really confused.

admin
    Participant

OK. This is an Egypt cell phone and no matter where this phone is located you would still dial it as if your friend were in Egypt: 011 20 and so on. No need to add any Italian codes. By the way, Egypt’s country code is 20 and Cairo’s area code is indeed 2, however, cellular phones in Egypt do not use area codes, so no need to add 2 to the number (area code is only used for calls to landlines).

chaos717
    Participant

Alright so I’ve been trying to call her for the past several days. The phone will ring maybe 2 or 3 times, and then it automatically cuts away to a busy signal. Does this mean that one of our phones just has poor connection stability?

admin
    Participant

Likely there is a problem on her end – probably she doesn’t have roaming service activated for Italy and this would explain why you can’t reach her.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam