Calling with SIM card with UK number

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling with SIM card with UK number

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cherry
    Participant

I am getting a SIM card for my cell phone that has a UK telephone number. I am traveling in Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary. How do I make calls within those countries, and how do I make a call back to the US – both land and cell phones?

New to this so I really appreciate your help, Cherry

admin
    Participant

Hello Cherry,
    To call back to the US add 00 to the complete US phone number: 00 1 ??? ??? ????. You can also use + instead of 00 (literally keying in the plus sign), but never both.

Calls within those countries can either be dialed in their local or international dialing format. Say you want to dial this Austrian cell number: 6?? ??? ????. You either add zero to it (the way you add 1 to US state to state calls): 06?? ??? ???? or you dial the full international number (no zero this time): 00 43 6?? ??? ???? or again +43 6?? ??? ????.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam