cell to cell

Forums Forums Questions answered cell to cell

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    glotusstreams
    Participant

How do I call a cell phone registered in the US (actually on our family plan) that is in Lima Peru with my son? Do I dial: 011 51 1 9 and then the ten digit phone number (area code plus 7 digits)? Thank you.

admin
    Participant

No, you just dial the number as if your son never left the US.

dlault
    Participant

I assume this is true for cell phone to cell phone calling from US to European countries as well? And is it the same if caller from Europe is calling that US cell phone (from family plan cell phone) back home in US?

admin
    Participant

The same rule applies for calls from the US to any US cell traveling abroad. However, for calls from Europe back to a US cell you must add 00 to the US number: 00 1 ??? ??? ????.

Wendy S
    Participant

I am having trouble texting to a Swedish cell phone from my American cell, I am not sure what I am doing wrong?? Any help would be appreciate it very muc. Thanks…

admin
    Participant

Hello Wendy,

To be able to advice you on what you may be doing wrong I would first need you to tell me what digits you have been dialing to reach this Swedish cell with your text message.

Wendy S
    Participant

Well I have been dialing 011-46-7-xxx-xx-xxxx. Am I dialing too many numbers?

admin
    Participant

Yes, you should have 9 digits including the starting 7 while you have 10.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam