Countries dialing plans

Forums Forums Questions answered Countries dialing plans

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mwm226
    Participant

I am researching the dialing plans for the majority of the countries in the world to add to our internal telecom software and I cannot find 1 place to go to get this information. Sometimes I find information on one site that is different on another site.
    Is there 1 place I can go to get the information for a country that our engineers can use to set up out telecommunications software? Telecom carriers are of no help
    Thanks!
    The information I need is typically:
    – Country Code
    – Number of digits in a phone number
    – Phone number digit formatting (ex: x digit space x digits space x digits space x digits )
    – International access code
    – National access code
    – Time zones of country; single, multiple etc
    – Wireless number(s) scheme
    #*
    ##-##
    ##-##
    – Wireline (aka Landline) number(s) scheme
    ##-##
    ##-##
    – toll free
    #
    ##
    – numbers we don’t want to call (ie. 900 in the USA)
    #

admin
    Participant

Hello,

You won’t find all this info readily available from a single resource. Compiling an accurate database requires research, using multiple resources. Also, this info changes continually (numbering formats) so you would need to update your database/software. A good website is wtng.info. But there are others too. On this website we constantly update our info.

mwm226
    Participant

Hi
    Are there any suppliers that we can subscribe to, for a fee, that would give us database updates on a monthly basis? I know in the US the company, Telcordia provides a feed for database updates but only for the US and Canada.
    Thanks

admin
    Participant

I believe numberingplans.com provides international numbering data for a fee.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam