dialing china from cell and landlines

Forums Forums Questions answered dialing china from cell and landlines

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dave851
    Participant

I cannot call a china mobile number from my EastLink local Primus LD land line. But I can from my Rogers cellphone.

If I call 011 86 134 377 60*** (* denote numbers)from my cellphone, it goes through.
    But if I call the same number on my land line, I get deadair. If I remove the first digit (the 0) I get an automated wrong dial message.

admin
    Participant

Hi Dave,
    Removing the first zero makes no sense since all international calls originating in the US and Canada must start with 011. Have you dialed international calls before using the landline? My guess is that your phone plan doesn’t include international calling hence the reason for the call not going through. The dialing sequence is the same regardless of what type of connection is used.

If I am right and your local plan doesn’t let you dial internationally, you can still place the call using the landline with an additional calling service (like a calling card for example). In this case you would be required to dial a local or toll free access number to connect to this third party provider, and then you can dial internationally. Some examples of third party calling providers:

http://www.tel3.com

dave851
    Participant

Well I understand what your saying. But I’ve had Primus LD for years and I have the Truly International Plan. And have called this number before. I’m not sure if I should call Primus or my local phone company (EastLink). I assume once I enter a code for Long Distance or International issues are with Primus not my local company. See attached re ‘nothing new’

Thanks
    Dave
    Item Type Date Time Called Number Called Location Minutes Charge
    TRULY INTERNATIONAL
    1 Sat Jan 21 10:09am 86134377605** CHINA-C 2:00 0.04
    2 Sat Jan 28 07:55pm 90593889** STCTNSTHLD ON 35:00 2.00
    3 Sat Jan 28 08:31pm 90593889** STCTNSTHLD ON 14:00 0.80
    4 Sat Feb 04 01:28pm 90593889** STCTNSTHLD ON 26:00 1.48
    5 Tue Feb 07 06:27am 4479198859** UN.KINGDM-C 1:00 0.24

jaunty_mellifluous
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Some international plans let you dial out the international number without having to dial 011 in the beginning. It seems from your records that you have copied, that you were not dialing 011 at all once you made successful calls.

Its better to call your service provider for further guidance to check if they let you dial the number without dialing 011 or not.

admin
    Participant

Yes, if Primus is your long distance provider they are also the ones you should contact about international calls.

Looking at the call details you provided above I see you have called this China cell phone before. Try dialing without 011 as suggested above. If it still doesn’t work you can easily check if your plan still lets you dial internationally by trying to call another international number.

Please let us know what you’ve learned.

dave851
    Participant

Thanks I will get back. I wanna try calling the number in China first. But they are 13hours 12(standard time) hours ahead of me. So I’ll wait until its day time to call and confirm.

dave851
    Participant

Issue is resolved there was an tech issue with my local phone company at the time. Still not sure what it was, but calling them, resolved it. ISSUE RESOLVED.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam