Dialing Toll-Free from Italy to USA

Forums Forums Questions answered Dialing Toll-Free from Italy to USA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jlweneck
    Participant

Hello!

I am currently in Italy and need to send a fax for my work to the USA. I realize that faxing and calling aren’t necessarily the same, but I was hoping to try anyways. The number given to me to fax to is (800) 800 – XXXX . I tried dialing 1 800 800 XXXX, 001 800 800 XXX, and 100 800 800 XXXX but none of these combinations worked. I read on another thread for another country combination that the 800 had to be altered in some way… maybe that is the case here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Generally, faxing and calling work using the same dialing sequence. The thing about toll free numbers is that they are meant to be dialed nationally. Even if you will eventually be able to fax your document, charges will still be incurred.

In some cases, you can call/fax an 800 number from abroad by replacing 800 with 880. So, from Italy you would have 00 1 880 800 xxxx. You can read more info by accessing the link below:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/toll-free.html

jlweneck
    Participant

Wonderful!

Thank you so much for this information and your help! I will give it a try!

admin
    Participant

If it isn’t too much trouble let us know if using 880 worked for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam