foreigner making local dial

Forums Forums Questions answered foreigner making local dial

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yukki
    Participant

Hi I would like to know if I were to travel say from Singapore to korea but i want to make a local cal in korea meaning if I want to cal the hotel in korea when I reach korea in this case how do I make such a local dial
    Please do advise thank a lot

admin
    Participant

You can use a public phone to place local calls within South Korea. Our page on dialing to this country ( https://www.howtocallabroad.com/south-korea/ ) provides area codes for larger cities. One thing I am not sure of is whether they use area codes when calling locally. For example, Seoul’s area code is 2 and local numbers are 7 or 8 digit. So, to call locally to a landline in Seoul you either dial 02 followed by the local number or you just dial the local number without the area code. I believe it’s the former. The zero before area code 2 is a trunk code they use in South Korea for domestic calls only.

Below is a link to a page providing more info on using S Korean public phones:
    http://www.lifeinkorea.com/information/Comms/public.cfm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam