Friend Visiting From Sweden to New York

Forums Forums Questions answered Friend Visiting From Sweden to New York

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jj0671
    Participant

Hello, I have a friend who is visiting from Sweden to New York City. She has a cell number that looks like this: (0)7 ?? ?? ?? ??

The question is, I understand that if I call her I’d have to use 011 46 instead of the 0 but does that still apply when she’s in New York City?

Does she still need to use the international code to call my cellphone when she is in the city?

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Indeed, to call a Sweden number from the US you must use 011 46 followed by the Swedish number. You don’t use 011 46 to replace the starting zero – you drop the starting zero because it is a code used for national Swedish calls only. Anyway, to answer your question you use the same dialing sequence to call your friend’s cell no matter where she is (New York, London, Sweden etc). On the other hand she does not have to use international codes to call you – just have her dial your number the way other people from NYC do.

The page below has more info on how international roaming for cell phones works:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/international-roaming.html

jj0671
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt response. One more question: if using text messaging, do I have to include the international codes when storing her # on my contact list?

admin
    Participant

Yes, you use the same dialing sequence for texting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam