Having trouble to communicate with Italy

Forums Forums Questions answered Having trouble to communicate with Italy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cosquiyitas
    Participant

A month ago I’ve been trying to communicate to Italy but with no luck. Has there been any changes in number to call?
    Please help. Thanks.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your post.
    I am not aware of any recent changes in Italy’s telephone numbering plan. Could you provide me with more specific details? What dialing sequence have you been using with no success? What happens when you dial?

I noticed you are from Puerto Rico. Here’s our page on dialing from your location to Italy:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=puerto_rico&callto=italy

cosquiyitas
    Participant

Well, I have been dialing as supposed to, but when there is supposed to ring it only gives me a busy signal as if I have dialed wrong. 011 39 010 and the number (6 digits)

admin
    Participant

What I can do is dial the number myself to see if it starts to ring; this way we’ll know whether there is a problem with your line or the number you have been trying to call has an issue.

If you want to do this just reply to this post with the full number (I will not publish it).

cosquiyitas
    Participant

The phone number is 011-39-010-xxx-xxx
    Thanks a million,
    Barbara

admin
    Participant

Hi Barbara,
    It seems that the number you have is incorrect (likely incomplete). When dialing it I am getting an “invalid number” message. Many phone numbers in the 010 area code comprise 10 digits, area code included. So my guess is that you have an incomplete number since you only have 9 digits. Just a guess.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam