How to dial + sign rather than 0

Forums Forums Questions answered How to dial + sign rather than 0

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yperkins
    Participant

Brother lives in Australia. Trying to dial his cell phone from my cell phone in USA.

I’ve been dialing 011 61 4 xxx xxxx. some sites online say you should dial + sign before 61.
    How does one dial + rather than 0?

admin
    Participant

Hello,

The plus sign replaces 011. Using the plus sign isn’t mandatory – you can
    use either 011 or + (they both should work). The plus sign can be used when
    placing the call from a mobile phone. To dial plus hold the zero key (you
    may have noticed that the zero key on your cell phone keyboard also has a
    plus on it).

Regarding your dialing sequence above: you should have 9 digits after 61
    (you only have 8. So calling an Australian cell number from the US looks
    like this:
    011 61 4 xxxx xxxx or +61 4 xxxx xxxx.

I hope this helps.

More info at the address below:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/australia/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam