how to sms from australia to mexico

Forums Forums Questions answered how to sms from australia to mexico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jared9691
    Participant

what codes do i need to use from a australian cell to sms, if the mexican number is 044?????????? 13 digits long

admin
    Participant

Hello,

If you have 13 digits for a Mexican phone number with 044 in the beginning you will have to leave out 044 which is a code used for calls to cell phones within Mexico. To the remaining 10 digits which is the actual Mexican phone number (area code + local number) you will add the following for calls from Australia: 0011 52 1. Here’s why:

-0011 is the code used to dial out of Australia (you can also use the plus sign here);
    -52 is Mexico’s country code;
    -1 is a digit that must be added to call Mexican mobile phones from outside Mexico.

The same rules above apply for texting to Mexico. I am not 100% sure that adding digit 1 after 52 is required for texts also (try texting without it if it doesn’t work with it).

jared9691
    Participant

ok so this is what i got. 0011 52 1 669???????, hopefully this works

admin
    Participant

Yes, please let me know if it does.

jared9691
    Participant

it works with the #1 added in

admin
    Participant

Thanks..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam