Numbering change Chiba Japan

Forums Forums Numbering plan changes Numbering change Chiba Japan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jmiz
    Participant

I am trying to call our friends the Kadowakis in Chiba on 0011 81 43 2843 from Australia and it is not connecting. The number is an old one. I have been told that the chiba prefecture number is now six digits and I only have four begin 2843. Can you tell me the extra digits to be added or where I can get this information from? Thanks

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    All fixed telephone numbers in Japan total 9 digits including the area code. This means that you should have 43 (Chiba’s area code) + 7 digits. I don’t know how old your number is, but it must be very old since you only have 4 digits and I couldn’t find any information on a recent numbering change of that magnitude. Could it be that the number you have is simply incomplete?

For official help try the Communications Ministry of Japan’s website:
    https://www.soumu.go.jp/english/index.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam