Text Argentina from Australia

Forums Forums Questions answered Text Argentina from Australia

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shell27
    Participant

hey my friend lives in Rio Gallegos Argentina and i live Sydney Australia
    i can call but texting never works??
    thanks for your help

shell27
    Participant

the number is +5492966????
    is the international code right? and the area code for his city?

admin
    Participant

Hi Shelly,

Maybe you entered too few question marks above, but you should have +54 9 2966 followed by 6 more digits. 2966 is the area code of Rio Gallegos. In Argentina area code plus local number always total 10 digits.

Now, supposing you do have a correct cell number (especially that you said you have been able to call it), there could be two reasons why your texts don’t go though:

1. While for voice calls one must use 9 before the area code (+54 9 2966), this digit must generally be left out when texting to an Argentina cell. In your case: +54 2966.
    2. For texting to work between countries, international operators must have some agreements, and it seems that Argentinian wireless providers do not have agreements with most international wireless companies.

I suspect and hope your text will go through using the first solution I gave you. Let me know please.

shell27
    Participant

yes sorry i wasn’t paying attention to the amount of question marks…
    so i tried what you said and it still didnt work?? +542966??????
    i dont know what im doing wrong
    i also forgot to say that he can message me but i cant just relpy to the message because that doesnt work either

admin
    Participant

Have you sent international texts before? If you aren’t sure call your wireless provider to see if your plan allows international texting.

shell27
    Participant

yes i have but not to argentina
    so i’ll look into it and let you know : )

angelo69k
    Participant

Greetings from Adelaide!!! please tell me how i can text my friend in Buenos Aires who has the following mobile number 15-6059-3227 thanks im flying there on Monday need to send text b4 i leave the country ciao AK

admin
    Participant

Hello,

You must drop the 15 in the beginning and add 11 instead. This is what you should use for texting this Buenos Aires cell from Australia: 0011 54 11 6059-3227. To call it add 9 before Buenos Aires’ area code (11): 0011 54 9 11….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam