HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

+1 in USA

(2 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Elise Bjerndrup
  • Latest reply from admin

Tags:

1. Elise Bjerndrup

I'm moving to the US for a yaer (to start) with, and try to get things done, but now I start to doubt how to save amarican numbers on an american cell phone? Can you store american numbers on your cell phone with +1, or will it not work?

On my danish mobile any number can be stored with '+' and 'destination country code' including danish numbers. I.e. it will work calling +45xxxxxxxx, even when in Denmark. Denmark being '+45' :-) All my numbers right now are stored liked this in the adress book. +1, +45, +46 (swedish numbers), + etc....

Reading on this page everywhere it is written that calling inside NANP, you should use a syntax like: '1' + 'area code' + xxx-xxxx.

What about '+1' + 'area code' + xxx-xxx?

the '+1' would be preferable, since the adress bokk wil then be global :-)

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Elise,

Sorry for the late reply - I wasn't sure what to answer. I know exactly what you're talking about, but since I don't live in the US I didn't know for sure the answer to your question. Someone I know who lives in the US said that yes, this feature has been implemented over ther also. I will further investigate and if there are any doubts I will let you know. It is possible that not all US wireless carriers allow dialing this way.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.