2-digit city code in Sri Lanka

Forums Forums Questions answered 2-digit city code in Sri Lanka

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lauramasin
    Participant

In Sri Lanka, what is the 2-digit city code for Kegalle?
    Kegalle is a small city between Colombo and Kandy, but has its own city code.
    The number I have for this is 60 — but, when I dial:
    011-94-60-235-2741 – a recorded message says that this is an invalid number.
    Thank you for any help.
    Laura

admin
    Participant

Hi Laura,
    I looked this up and according to the sources I found the area code for Kegalle is 35 and not 60.

lauramasin
    Participant

Thank you very much for checking this and writing back!
    I will try this city code you have sent (at an appropriate time, for them)
    Is it possible that there is a different city code for their exact location near Buluruppa (a very small rural village)??
    Can you send me a link to the site where you looked up the city code for Kegalle?
    Thanks a lot.
    Laura

admin
    Participant

A good way to find a city’s area code is by looking up a business in the Yellow Pages. This is what I did – I searched for hotels in Kegalle using this local directory:
    https://rainbowpages.lk/

I don’t know what to say about this rural area.

admin
    Participant

Just looked on Sri Lanka’s map and there is another city called Mawanella that also has area code 35. Buluruppa is located between Kegalla and Mawanella so I would say that it’s very likely that the area code you’re loking for is 35.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam