800 numbers free on prepaid cell phones ?

Forums Forums Questions answered 800 numbers free on prepaid cell phones ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sallydaniels
    Participant

When I was using voice stream cell phone, I was always charged when I call an 800 or toll-free nummber. Now I have T-Mobile on a Nokia phone with prepaid service. When I triend again to call an 800 number it count off minutes off the service? Anybody know this?

All replies would be appreciated/

admin
    Participant

Hi Sally,
    I don’t quite understand what your question is. Are you asking if calling a toll free number using T Mobile prepaid is a free call? If so, no, I am not aware of any mobile provider allowing free calls to toll free numbers.

sallydaniels
    Participant

What I mean is when I call an 800 number using my prepaid service, they charged me every minute. So does anybody know this? Or is this really a fact? Should I avail an unlimited service where I can call an 800 number without charges?

admin
    Participant

Yes, when calling a toll free number using a prepaid phone you will be charged regular airtime. Indeed, subscribing to an unlimited service would allow you to call toll free numbers without incurring additional charges. Or, if you have a smart phone you could use a VoIP service like Skype with a wireless Internet connection and pay nothing for calls to toll free numbers.

sallydaniels
    Participant

I heard that the company who owns a 800 number is the one who pays for the call. Is that true in all cases?

admin
    Participant

Yes. But when using a cell phone to place the call you too will pay for your share of the call.

sallydaniels
    Participant

As for my case I should have a mobile phone with an unlimited service or like an unlimited calls to a toll-free number. Do you agree?

sallydaniels
    Participant

I think I should avail the unlimited call service of my current prepaid service for 800 numbers. They 800 numbers are great commission for businesses, they use it as a branding strategy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam