AT&T Gophone SIM

Forums Forums Questions answered AT&T Gophone SIM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    speedy
    Participant

Dear Sirs,
    I live in UK and have just bought an AT+T Gophone USA simcard for our USA holiday.
    I am uncertain what codes I would need to add to call the UK, and for UK friends to call this mobile in the USA.
    I know I need to drop the 0 at the start of the mobile number and landline phone number.
    Could you please tell me the codes for these four possibilities:

From my AT+T mobile in USA to a UK landline……
    From my AT+T mobile in USA to a UK mobile ……
    From UK landline to my AT+T mobile in USA …..
    From UK mobile to my AT+T mobile in USA ……

Would it be generally cheaper for me to ring a UK landline than a UK mobile please?

Thanking you, Speedy.

admin
    Participant

Hi Speedy:)
    If you bought a USA sim card it means you will be given a USA phone number. These don’t start with zero like they do in the UK. US numbers have this format: 3 digit area code followed by 7 digit local number (??? ??? ????). People in the UK woul dial 00 1 ??? ??? ???? from both landlines and cell phones. To dial the UK you would enter 011 44 followed by the UK number in national format without the starting zero.

It would likely be cheaper to call a UK landline.

speedy
    Participant

Dear Sirs, The advice you gave me was incorrect !!
    While we were in USA with our US AT&T SIM we only had to add +44 to the UK number.
    Dialing 011 44 first did not connect.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    What message were you getting when dialing 01144 followed by the UK number? Both methods should work (+44 or 01144).

speedy
    Participant

Sirs, sorry cannot remember what the message said but whatever it was it did not help.
    If either +44 or 01144 should work, why confuse us by suggesting the 01144 when +44 is the normal prefix?
    Best wishes, Speedy.

admin
    Participant

Actually 011 is the normal prefix. The plus sign is a new method of dialing internationally and only works with cell phones (the plus sign can not be entered with landlines).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam