Call Cambodia from Qatar

Forums Forums Questions answered Call Cambodia from Qatar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    foster
    Participant

I have a 9 digit cell phone # (077 477 ???) in Cambodia to call from Qatar. The first digit is 0, so I know this is a trunk # and don’t use it when I dial. That leaves me with 8 digits and instructions seem to leave room for only 7 digits, after a 2 digit cell code #. Another thing is although there are only two cell phone code starter digits ( 1x and 9x), I can’t sem to find the second digit for cell code for calls originating abroad.

Any ideas? Thanks for listening.

admin
    Participant

OK. First of all, we provide these starting digits for cellular numbers so our visitors can differentiate between a cell and a landline phone…but, it would make no sense for someone to provide you with an incomplete cell number. In other words, the number you have should include the first two digits (or 2 digit cell code as you call it). You have the correct number of digits (8 without the starting zero) which is how Cambodian mobile numbers are formatted. However, I am not aware of cell numbers in this country starting with 77. I’m not saying they don’t exist – sometimes newly introduced calling codes take awhile to be announced to the international public. So, if this is a Cambodian cell you would dial 00 855 77 477 ???.

There is another possibility I am seeing here: isn’t this actually a Qatar mobile phone traveling to Cambodia? If this is the case, than you don’t need to add any international calling codes to it.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

foster
    Participant

Thanks
    I just got through. It is a Qatar mobile in Qatar calling Cambodia mobile phone. Just drop the front zero.
    Foster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam