call goes to wrong country

Forums Forums Questions answered call goes to wrong country

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gajanan
    Participant

I live in Dubai-united Arab Emirates its international code is 00971.
    When I call my wife in India (international code 0091) and her mobile number starts with 98.
    when I dial her number the call goes to Iranian operator and I hear persian,which I don’t understand.
    When my wife tries calling me from India,she is told my dubai number is blocked and she cannot call this number.

What seems to be happening?

Thanks

admin
    Participant

Hello,

I haven’t heard of a similar situation before.
    If you could post these two phone numbers or send them over via the Feedback link at the bottom I could try to figure out why these errors have been occurring.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

I just dialed the two numbers and they both seemed to work – I hung up before you or your wife could answer. I let my call to your wife’s number in India ring twice and the call to your number once before I hung up. The number I called from should show anonymous or something similar. Check to see if you have a missed call, especially ask your wife to do this.

In my opinion, there is an issue with the line you have been using to place the calls. I would ask my phone service provider about this or try using another line to dial.

Gajanan
    Participant

Thank you very much.
    I have complained officially to my service provider in Dubai and they are “investigating”.
    The line I am supposed to be using is the “Etisalat” which is the provider.
    It beats me the call goes to an Iranian provider which is in another country hundreads of miles away.

Gajanan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam