HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Call Rome, Italy from USA

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Dan Soor
  • Latest reply from Dan Soor

Tags:

1. Dan Soor

Is there a phone card easily purchased to make the call? I don't have a personal phone that can do that. It's a hotel, #011 39 6488 1*** which I need for personal injury.

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Dan,

Sure, at the bottom of our Italy page http://www.howtocallabroad.com/italy/ there's a service we list that provides Italy phone calls. There are many others as well if you do a search on the Internet.

As for dialing this number you have - the number doesn't look right. You should have 011 39 06 followed by 8 digits which is the local number. 06 is Rome's area code for landlines.

<Added>
    Rome local fixed numbers can also be 7 digit.

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Dan Soor

The full number I was given (twice) is 011 39 6488 1741 (it's a hotel)

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

Dan,
    The number you have is wrong. I just tried dialing it and a message in Italian says that the number does not exist. After doing some more research I found that Rome local numbers can also be 7 digit. So it seems that you are just missing the zero in Rome's area code. In fact I tried dialing the number with the 0 and it works so you should have: 011 39 06 488 1741.

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. Dan Soor

The right phone # did the trick. All correspondence I received had the wrong #. Thanks for the assistance.

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.