Calling a iraq cell number from the UK

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling a iraq cell number from the UK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    amandagoff
    Participant

I’m trying to dial cell number 07905577???, it’s a iraq number and i’ve tried the 00964 code and it’s not working, can you help??

admin
    Participant

Did you leave out the starting zero in the cell number? You must dial 00 964 790…

amandagoff
    Participant

Yeah I did and it’s still not working.

admin
    Participant

Could be the line you are using to make the call. Let me try dialing the number to make sure it rings. I will not let the person at the other end answer – just want to make sure it’s not a problem with the number you are calling. You can reply with the whole number and I will replace the last 3 digits once I see it.

amandagoff
    Participant

ok it’s 079055774??. Thanks

admin
    Participant

Not working for me either. I tried using my cell and it says number not valid. When using my landline I get a message in Arabic and English saying “You are not allowed to call this number”.

One other thing: I suppose this is an Iraq registered cell and not a UK cell used in Iraq?

amandagoff
    Participant

Would calls be blocked in iraq if it’s military logistics person (that’s why they are there)??

admin
    Participant

I really don’t know this. Again if you didn’t read the whole message above: is this an Iraq phone or a UK cell used in Iraq via a roaming service?

amandagoff
    Participant

Sorry i didn’t, it’s an iraq cell phone. I phoned it from Paris yesterday and i’m sure it rang (and that was from my uk cell).

admin
    Participant

Well strange – I just called again and it rang. Maybe there was a problem with their signal. Try again.

amandagoff
    Participant

I tried it from my landline and it didn’t work??? So i tried it from my cell and i got a message saying it’s either switched off or out of range….Do you think if i keep trying i’ll get through at some point?

admin
    Participant

If you were able to call yesterday it should work. I just tried again and it rings once then I get a “Network busy” message. Probably the networks are not very reliable in Iraq. I would suggest trying again later.

amandagoff
    Participant

Thanks for all your help…I’ll let you know the outcome.Amanda

clk_zx3
    Participant

I was just at a cell phone place here in iraq and they told me to have people dial 011964 (then the iraqi number). He broke it down as 011-964-??????????. That’s how many numbers in my cell at least. It applies to everyone calling in from out of country. Hope it helps you.

admin
    Participant

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to reply to this post. The 011 code is used for calls from the US and Canada. The user who started this post is calling from the UK which uses 00 instead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam