Forums Questions answered calling a US cell with a UK cell

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Travis Bickle
    Participant

When I arrive in NY later this week I assume my cell will show Verizon or some other network on its screen.
    To call a US cell, e.g. (516) 220 ???? should I just enter those digits, or 1 plus those digits, or some other combination?
    I’ve read FAQ but it didn’t seem to cover this query,
    Thanks

admin
    Participant

Hi Travis,

Your UK phone will work just like a US cell. You will be able to dial local US calls by just entering the 7 digit local number or also 3 digit area code + 7 digit local number (as you suggested above). Since you might not know which calls are local you can just add 1 to the 10 digit number – this combination will work for all calls: 1 ??? ??? ????.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Thanks for that, greatly appreciated,
    Travis

beeno1
    Participant

How do I call +18183361911

admin
    Participant

Looks like a California phone number. I see you are in the UK. To dial this number just replace the starting plus sign with 00.

https://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=united_kingdom&callto=united_states

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Heads-up: some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.