Calling and sms from mexico to australia and vice versa

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling and sms from mexico to australia and vice versa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Abroad77
    Participant

Hi i just recently purchased a mexican tel cel sim for my iphone and txted my gf back in aus using the +614xxxxxxxx this seemed to go through correctly but when i try txting anyone else back in australia the sms will not send???

Also if my gf was to call me from australia to mexico would she need to put 0011 infront of my number or just the + and area code?

Thanks for your help

admin
    Participant

Hello,

The plus sign and 0011 prefix can be used interchangeably (either one or the other, never both). The same way when calling/texting from Mexico you can use either 00 or +.

Now, if the sms went through when you texted one Australian cell then it should normally go through for all Australian cell phones. The only possible issue could be that the other cell phones you texted are serviced by a different carrier than the one serving your girlfriend. Sometimes sms messages do not work internationally due to lack of agreements between carriers. I would say that this is unlikely in your case though. Calling your current Mexican carrier to inquire about this might help.

Since you have a Mexican mobile number now people from Australia should use the required dialing sequence for calling/texting a Mexican cell:
    0011 52 1 xxx ??? ???? or + 52 1 xxx ??? ????. xxx is the city code where your phone is registered. 1 is a digit used when contacting Mexican cell phones from outside Mexico. See more info below:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=australia&callto=mexico

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam