HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Calling Australia

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by SusieQue717
  • Latest reply from admin

Tags:

1. SusieQue717

I need to call Australia, but the number they gave is completely different than the format shown here. This is the number - 0414503???

Thank you in advance for your time.

Susie

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Susie,

The number they gave you is an Australian cellular phone. Just like we discussed in your previous thread on how to call the UK, Australian phone numbers, just like UK ones, start with zero for national calls. The zero is to be left out when dialing the same number from outside Australia.

Secondly, Australian cell phones do not use area codes. So, when looking at our page on dialing to Australia, if you look further down the page you'll see a paragraph giving instructions on how to call Australian mobile phones. You'll see there that all Australian mobiles start with 4 - just like the number you have.

In conclusion you should dial 011 61 414503???. Note that charges for dialing to a cell abroad are often higher than charges for calling landlines.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. SusieQue717

Thank you.

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. shirley balaong

Can i call a philippine roaming number? i am going to call in australia can i dial the philippine roaming number?

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. admin
    Key Master

Hello,
    If what you inquiring about is how to dial to a Philippines cell located in Australia, yes, just call it the way you usually do when it is at home in the Philippines.

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.