calling cards from foreign countries TO US

Forums Forums Questions answered calling cards from foreign countries TO US

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

Is there an online site where I can purchase phone cards for my daughter who is traveling to call me in the US from various countries including Namibia, South Africa, India and others? She doesn’t have internet access and it would help her to make the calls if she has the access codes and PINs in hand when she locates a phone. I find lots of site that offer cards to call from the US but am not finding any to call back to the US from the other countries.

admin
    Participant

Hi Karen,

Not many services work from the countries you mentioned. One that should work from most countries is SpeedyPIN. They provide local access numbers for most countries. Here’s a link: https://www.speedypin.com

Other service that works from most countries is called callback. For this service you would however need to register international phone numbers you call from prior to placing the calls.

karen
    Participant

Thank you! That is helpful. On the speedypin website I am seeing a Globetrotter calling card that looks really cheap. (Almost too cheap to be for real). Do you know anything about that one? Or would I be safer going with something tried and true like AT&T even though it is much more expensive.

admin
    Participant

You must read all the info and even better call SpeedyPIN to inquire about how exactly you will place calls and how much you would pay. For example, the Globetrotter card displays a 1.5 cents/min rate from India, but if you click on the International Access Codes link you will find a 30 cents/min rate for India local or toll free access. This is the reason why the other card listed (MCI) has a much higher rate (this one includes local access).

To answer your question, yes these services work but, as I said you must know all the details before bying the card. Rates charged by the big names in the telecom industry are usually much higher.

karen
    Participant

Thank you very much! You have been very helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam