Calling China from Japan

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling China from Japan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JCarby23
    Participant

I am attempting to call a China Mobile GSM number from Japan, but only get a message saying, “The number you have dialed is not in service”. I dialed 010-86-(11 digit mobile number), which I’m positive is correct, but still cannot get through. I also noticed I only get this message when I call any China Mobile GSM number, but can reach other numbers. I cannot figure it out and am greatly stressed with the situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will try everything I can.

admin
    Participant

Do you mean you can reach other mobile numbers except for China Mobile subscribers? Or are the other numbers you can reach landlines?

I haven’t encountered this situation to be honest. If you are using a mobile or VoiP phone to place this call please try replacing 010 with the plus sign: +86 1? ???? ????? should be the sequence.

One thing I could do – I could try to dial this number for you just to see if it rings or I get the same message you have been getting. If you want to do this just send me the number using the Contact button at the top right of this page.

JCarby23
    Participant

To answer your first question: yes. But, after trying the +86 1? ???? ?????? sequence, I was able to reach a China Mobile subscriber, but still not the specific individual I am trying to contact. I believe it is only that individuals phone which is the problem. Hopefully that is the case, and maybe it will be fixed in a short period of time. I will contact you as well though so that you may give me your own input.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam