Calling Chinese cell from US

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling Chinese cell from US

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nancy9876
    Participant

I have a fifteen digit number for my daughters Chinese cell phone. It is 866 173 023 *** ***. I know I need to dial 011 first to get out of the US, and then 86 to get into China. It looks like that is the 86 at the beginning of the cell phone number she gave me. However, when I try to call 011, followed by the fifteen digit number she gave me, it does not work. I think it is too many digits. What should I try?

admin
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

China’s country code is 86 and cell phone numbers have 11 digits with 1 (one) being the initial digit. You have 13 digits after 86 and 1 isn’t the leading digit. This definitely isn’t a Chinese cell phone number. I can’t figure out what it is – are you sure it is supposed to be a Chinese number? I’m thinking the 866 in the beginning looks like a US toll free number. Maybe this isn’t just a phone number, but a phone number plus an extension.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam