calling France from USA

Forums Forums Questions answered calling France from USA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan JF
    Participant

I need to confirm some hotel reservations in France and give them a credit card number — calling from the US. I’ve been told it is more secure over the phone than by email. I don’t speak good French. Would it be a a better connection and more secure to call from my landline at home or use my cell phone? Which, in your opinion, would be cheaper?

Also, please check that I have the number in the correct format to dial:
    011-33-38-022-0??? It was given to me with different spacing than you have.
    Thanks for any advice — I appreciate this website.

admin
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Thanks for using our website.
    Yes, the number format is correct – spacing doesn’t make any difference as you will enter the number without spaces anyway.

Regarding your French – very likely the hotel reservation person speaks English so I wouldn’t worry about that. As for calling rates – generally using your cell to call internationally is pretty expensive, especially if you don’t have some special international plan activated. Using your landline is likely a better choice, although I would check rates first. The bigger US phone service providers charge high international rates. The lowest rates are charged by smaller companies (calling card providers, dial around services and the like). But then again, you will probably be on the phone for 1-2 minutes therefore your call will not cost a lot no matter what service you use.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam