calling from France a UK cell phone located in Italy

Forums Forums Questions answered calling from France a UK cell phone located in Italy

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    osita
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to phone, from France, a UK cell phone located in Italy.

I used this combination but it did not work: 0044 7 *** *** ***
    I also tried 0044 07 *** *** ***.

I am trying with my home phone, not with a mobile. Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    The first dialing sequence is correct: 00 44 7??? ??? ???. If you are certain that your landline works for international calls (sometimes you need to activate your international service by calling your phone service provider), then there’s likely a problem with this phone you are calling to. Are you getting any message?

If you want, I can try dialing the UK number to see if it works. Then we’ll know if the problem is on their end or yours.

osita
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I often use my phone to call abroad, so I guess the problem comes from the mobile I am trying to call. The mobile I try to call receives sms but when I try to call from my home phone it says that the number does not exist. (“le num?ro que vous demandez n’est pas attribu?”) If I try with my mobile, it refuses to call and I can read “service unavailable” (“service non disponible”) on my phone.

I assumed it was because the person has no more credit, but I may be completely wrong.

admin
    Participant

If the same mobile number receives messages from your cell, but can not be called using the same mobile phone I believe it is likely because your calling plan does not allow dialing internationally. Try calling your wireless provider and ask them about this.

Again, if you send me the number via the Contact page on this site I will try to dial it to see if I get the same “service non disponible” message.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam