Calling From US ATT Blackberry While in Brazil

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling From US ATT Blackberry While in Brazil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    daveinmass
    Participant

I have a BB Torch with international access. Have had problems dialing a local Sao Paulo number using my phone. Do I simply dial the #: 55 11 XXXX XXXX?

admin
    Participant

Hello Dave,

If the number you are dialing is a local number you can just dial it without the area code (the last 8 digits is the local number).

To dial long distance calls in Brazil you will have to add some extra digits. Namely, you will need to add 0 followed by the carrier code and area code: 0 xx yy ???? ???? (xx is the carrier code and yy the area code). Below is a Wikipedia page explaining carrier codes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Brazil#Long-distance_dialing

If you want to call internationally (to the US for instance), just use the plus sign with your cell phone followed by the international number. Example: you would have +1 ??? ??? ???? for a call to the US.

daveinmass
    Participant

Am now in Sao Paulo and still cannot dial a number here. Tried the solution above – just dial the last 8 digits. Any help will be appreciated. Brazil is the only place I have this issue.

admin
    Participant

Have you also tried dialing using the long distance method? What happens when you dial (any error messages)?

One suggestion: try dialing other Brazil numbers to rule out the possibility that you are only having trouble calling this particular number.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam