HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Calling From US ATT Blackberry While in Brazil

(4 posts)
  1. daveinmass

I have a BB Torch with international access. Have had problems dialing a local Sao Paulo number using my phone. Do I simply dial the #: 55 11 XXXX XXXX?

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hello Dave,

If the number you are dialing is a local number you can just dial it without the area code (the last 8 digits is the local number).

To dial long distance calls in Brazil you will have to add some extra digits. Namely, you will need to add 0 followed by the carrier code and area code: 0 xx yy ???? ???? (xx is the carrier code and yy the area code). Below is a Wikipedia page explaining carrier codes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Brazil#Long-distance_dialing

If you want to call internationally (to the US for instance), just use the plus sign with your cell phone followed by the international number. Example: you would have +1 ??? ??? ???? for a call to the US.

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. daveinmass

Am now in Sao Paulo and still cannot dial a number here. Tried the solution above - just dial the last 8 digits. Any help will be appreciated. Brazil is the only place I have this issue.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

Have you also tried dialing using the long distance method? What happens when you dial (any error messages)?

One suggestion: try dialing other Brazil numbers to rule out the possibility that you are only having trouble calling this particular number.

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.