calling from us to vietnam mobifone with a calling card

Forums Forums Questions answered calling from us to vietnam mobifone with a calling card

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    luong
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve been trying many different ways to call the phone number 0126446xxxx in Vietnam but have failed. I use a calling card (6027304+pin) and can’t seem to get through. I’ve tried all sorts of combinations : 011+84+126xxxxxxx, 011+84+8+126xxxxxxx, 84+0126xxxxxxxx, and many other ways. Please let me know what is the correct way to call that number. Also, how would I text msg that number from a Verizon Cell phone (626 area code). Thanks in advance for your help.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

The correct way to dial this VT cell is 011 84 126… (here’s more info on calling Vietnam). Same dialing procedure works for texting the number. It’s hard for me to say why the call doesn’t go through. One thing I can do – if you send me a message with the whole phone number using the contact link at the top right I can dial this number for you just to see if it rings. This way we’ll know if the problem is on your end.

luong
    Participant

Hello,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, it does not work with the 011+84 combo, I’ve already tried it. I’ve figured out how to dial to that number. I called my brother from Vietnam and he asked the phone company there how to dial it. It works when I dial 00+84+126xxxxxxxxx . But there is another problem I seem to be having. I received several calls from a number with 9 digits and it appears on my cell phone as: 852-123-xxx. I have no idea how to call back that number. I will try 00+84+852-xxxxxxx when I get a chance…

Thanks again 🙂

admin
    Participant

Hi,

00 is used as an exit international code by many countries in Europe and not only. In the US they use 011 instead. Are you saying that you could call VT from the USA using 00?

As for the second number – it’s hard to conclude where it is from. 852 is the country code for Hong Kong. However, the remaining digits are too few to form a regular phone number. Could be a special number. Or it is possible that, for some reason your phone doesn’t show the whole/correct number.

luong
    Participant

Hello,
    Yes, I was able to call to that number in Vietnam using 00, but wasn’t able to call using 011. Like I mentioned, I tried many times with the 011 and 84 but could not get through. My cousin had to ask the phone company in Vietnam and that is where he gave me the answer to use 00.

I’m not sure if it is the complete number or not. I received two calls from that number and that is how it appeared on my phone. Are there any phone numbers that start with 852 in Vietnam? Thanks again for the reply.

admin
    Participant

Ho Chi Minh City has area code 8 so the number could be from this city.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam