HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

calling from usa to ghana

(6 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by joe davidson
  • Latest reply from admin
  1. joe davidson

ive never called out of the country before and am having a difficult time. im dialing 011 then 233 then 548 and 6 more numbers and all i get is a recording saying the number is not in service. i believe its a cell number so i also tried 011+233+999+ 6 more numbers. i dont know what to do? please help

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Joe. I'm not sure where you got the 999. Can you reply here with the entire sequence you've been dialing - I'll try it to see if I get the same recording. You can edit the number later if you don't want it published on these forums.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. anthony

I am having the same issue calling to ghana, the number the person who lives in ghana gave me is 011 233 200 185 613 but how do i dial it, it just keeps ringing.

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. admin
    Key Master

Well, if it keeps ringing then the call goes through, but the person you are calling isn't answering for some reason. The dialing sequence looks right (supposing you are in the US or Canada). The number is a cellular phone.

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. anthony

I forgot to add that the phone keeps ringing and then an american-english voice says "Were sorry, the number you have reached is unavailable" or something like that.

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. admin
    Key Master

Yes, I just tried the number too and I am getting the same message: the number is currently unavailable, please try later. I am not calling from the US so this voice is most likely an answering machine provided by the Ghana wireless provider. Probably the phone is turned off or the number is no longer in service.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.