calling from usa to ghana

Forums Forums Questions answered calling from usa to ghana

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joe davidson
    Participant

ive never called out of the country before and am having a difficult time. im dialing 011 then 233 then 548 and 6 more numbers and all i get is a recording saying the number is not in service. i believe its a cell number so i also tried 011+233+999+ 6 more numbers. i dont know what to do? please help

admin
    Participant

Hi Joe. I’m not sure where you got the 999. Can you reply here with the entire sequence you’ve been dialing – I’ll try it to see if I get the same recording. You can edit the number later if you don’t want it published on these forums.

anthony
    Participant

I am having the same issue calling to ghana, the number the person who lives in ghana gave me is 011 233 200 185 613 but how do i dial it, it just keeps ringing.

admin
    Participant

Well, if it keeps ringing then the call goes through, but the person you are calling isn’t answering for some reason. The dialing sequence looks right (supposing you are in the US or Canada). The number is a cellular phone.

anthony
    Participant

I forgot to add that the phone keeps ringing and then an american-english voice says “Were sorry, the number you have reached is unavailable” or something like that.

admin
    Participant

Yes, I just tried the number too and I am getting the same message: the number is currently unavailable, please try later. I am not calling from the US so this voice is most likely an answering machine provided by the Ghana wireless provider. Probably the phone is turned off or the number is no longer in service.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam