calling in france with cell phones from 2 different countries

Forums Forums Questions answered calling in france with cell phones from 2 different countries

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Basically i have an italian cell phone(3?????????) and my friend has an australian cell phone(04????????).We are both going to france together.what do i dial to call my friend when we are both in france?

admin
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Both your phones will become local cell phones for calls dialed out, but will remain foreign numbers for calls received. In other words, you will dial your friend as if he/she were still in Australia and your Australian friend will dial your number as if you were in Italy. This is what you and your friend will dial to reach each other:

You calling your friend: 00 61 4 ???? ???? (as you notice the starting zero in the Australian cell must be dropped)

Your friend calling you: 00 39 3?? ??? ????

Note that these calls between you and your friend will likely be pricey.

To dial French numbers just enter them the way locals do.

Chris
    Participant

You have been very detailed and useful.Thanks alot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam