Calling Mexico

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling Mexico

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dianan
    Participant

I’ve been trying to contact a friend of the family for a while now and the number is right, but there are some digits missing from the area code, since it is a number from out of the country it isn’t marked the same way it’s marked for them, can you please send more info on what other digits I might need to finish the area code?

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us. I would need more info to be able to help.
    Like what is the number you have been trying to call? Or at least its first digits.

dianan
    Participant

Yes hi, I’m contacting Mexico, and the number has 12 digits the first three are 5233.

admin
    Participant

OK. You sent me 4 digits not 3 (5233). 52 is Mexico’s country code. 33 could
    be the area code for the Guadalajara area. So, if this is a landline the
    number looks right even when called from outside Mexico. You would add 011 to
    the number if calling from the USA:
    011 52 33 xxxx xxxx.

If it is a mobile number you would need to add an initial digit 1 (one)
    after the country code:
    011 52 1 33 xxxx xxxx.

More info here:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/mexico/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam