Calling number to Costa Rica from US

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling number to Costa Rica from US

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    akmoose
    Participant

I need to know how to list my cell phone number in Costa Rica to get a call-back from Garmin Customer Support. I keep trying the country call sequence, followed by the area code, followed by the 10 diget loal telephone number which is rejected every single time. Waiting on the system to get through for over an hour is not an option. Please help if you can. Thank you.

admin
    Participant

So, if I understand this correctly you are in Costa Rica with a local mobile number and you need to receive calls from the US? If so there are a few things I would like to point out:
    -you don’t add an area code to a Costa Rica cell number
    -Costa Rican cell numbers comprise 8 digits (you mention 10)
    -the dialing sequence from the US to a Costa Rica cell would be: 011 506 XXXX XXXX or +506 XXXX XXXX.

akmoose
    Participant

Dan, I errored when I said 10 instead of 8. I did try posting it to Garmin using both the +506 followed by the number, as well as using the 011-506. The system would only accept accept 10 numbers total which would be the standard for any call made to the system from US (area code plus 7 numbers).

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate that effort.

admin
    Participant

Well then it’s because either they have a standard form accepting US numbers only or maybe you can enter the 8 digit Costa Rican number and also mention the country so that they’ll know what country code to add.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam