calling or texting from cel in costa rica to cel in guatemala

Forums Forums Questions answered calling or texting from cel in costa rica to cel in guatemala

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    quemirabella
    Participant

i have been trying to text someone in antigua, guatemala and have checked various forums which say that i need to have the cel carrier code — 3, 4 or 5, plus the 502 area code, and one said to add a 9 — in order to send a text. one site said to use the + sign instead of the 00 exit code, but so far, i see no indication that the person on the other end has received any of the messages i’ve tried to send. how do i do this? surely it can’t be that complicated. can you help me?

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your question.

It sure isn’t complicated to send a text message internationally.
    Guatemala uses 8 digit cell phone numbers starting with either 3, 4 or 5. To the 8 digit number you would add either 00502 or +502 when calling or texting from Costa Rica. 00 is the code used to call or text internationally from your country and 502 is Guatemala’s country code. The plus sign replaces the 00 exit code, but both should work fine.

More info below:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=costa_rica&callto=guatemala

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam