Calling Oz

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling Oz

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mick G
    Participant

I want to call a UK mobile number in Sydney from my mobile here in the UK, do I need to add the Australian international code and the Sydney code?

admin
    Participant

Hi Mick,
    You don’t need to add anything to your friend’s UK number – just dial the usual sequence 07….. The wireless provider will transfer the call automatically to wherever your friend is located.

Mick G
    Participant

Thank you for that, some of the advice on websites was a bit misleading. Another question though. She said that it will cost her £1 per minute to answer my calls, is that right ?

admin
    Participant

I don’t know how much it will cost her exactly – this depends on what plan she has/wireless provider and so on. It is true however that international roaming can be quite expensive. The cheaper way to communicate with someone traveling abroad is via Skype or other VoIP application installed on their phone (for this to work they would need access to a wifi Internet connection).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam