Calling Qatar from US

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling Qatar from US

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cottontailqueen
    Participant

Hello,

I have a close friend living in Qatar that I lost contact with several months ago, when many VOIP services (such as Whatsapp) stopped working there. I have tried calling many times; they have answered twice (so I know this is still their phone and they are answering my calls when they go through) but could not hear anything I said. I have already gone through troubleshooting with my phone carrier (AT&T) and they were no help. After experimenting some more, I found that I cannot call ANY mobile device in Qatar, but landlines do pick up. I understand that the primary issue at this point may be with the service providers in Qatar; I have reached out to them but received no response. I have tried everything I can to improve my connection and am certain my connection is good. Because I cannot get in contact with my friend, I have no idea what methods they have tried. I would appreciate any information or tips anyone can give me!

Rachel

admin
    Participant

Hello Rachel,

I have done some research and, indeed, there seems to be an issue with VoIP services in Qatar. Regular cell phone calls should be working however. I understand you’ve made sure your connection is good, but how about, just for a test, trying to place the call to your friend’s mobile using a different US carrier? Also, have you tried messaging each other via mobile?

Dorseyjack
    Participant

Hi,
    Can I make International calls with free government phones(Obama phone)? Im using Assist wireless (https://www.assistwireless.com/ ) phone.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    Thanks for your inquiry. According to the page linked below you can’t dial internationally using your current Assist Wireless phone:
    https://www.assistwireless.com/terms-and-conditions/#term8

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam