Calling Scotland

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling Scotland

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Moki
    Participant

I live in California and have been trying to call a friend in Scotland for quite awhile now. I keep getting that recording ‘We’re sorry, but your international phone call cannot be completed at this time. Please hang up and try again.’ Not even the operator can get past that recording. Can you give me any help? The number I’m trying to reach is 01144294559??? I even tried dialing this number, 1-441-294-559-??? because this is the number that comes up on my caller ID when that person calls me. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million! Moki

admin
    Participant

Hi Moki,

To dial the UK from the US you would enter 011 44 followed by the Scotish number which must be 10 digit. In the first example you entered 011 44, but it seems you mistakenly left out the first 1 (one) in the Scotish number. In the second example you entered the Scotish number correctly (1294 559 ???), but you failed to add 011 44 in the beginning. So I believe you should have: 011 44 1294 559 ???.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Moki
    Participant

Thank you very, very much! I’ll give that a try tomorrow morning. It’s about 2:30 in the morning over there right now so I’d be wise to wait until morning. LOL! I may try it before I go to bed tonight as I’m usually up until around 1 in the morning, my time. Thanks again! Moki

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam