HowtoCallAbroad.com forums » Questions answered

Calling Scotland

(3 posts)
  1. Moki

I live in California and have been trying to call a friend in Scotland for quite awhile now. I keep getting that recording 'We're sorry, but your international phone call cannot be completed at this time. Please hang up and try again.' Not even the operator can get past that recording. Can you give me any help? The number I'm trying to reach is 01144294559??? I even tried dialing this number, 1-441-294-559-??? because this is the number that comes up on my caller ID when that person calls me. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million! Moki

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. admin
    Key Master

Hi Moki,

To dial the UK from the US you would enter 011 44 followed by the Scotish number which must be 10 digit. In the first example you entered 011 44, but it seems you mistakenly left out the first 1 (one) in the Scotish number. In the second example you entered the Scotish number correctly (1294 559 ???), but you failed to add 011 44 in the beginning. So I believe you should have: 011 44 1294 559 ???.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Moki

Thank you very, very much! I'll give that a try tomorrow morning. It's about 2:30 in the morning over there right now so I'd be wise to wait until morning. LOL! I may try it before I go to bed tonight as I'm usually up until around 1 in the morning, my time. Thanks again! Moki

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.