Calling toll free number from Portugal

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling toll free number from Portugal

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mare
    Participant

What numbers do you need to dial before the toll-free number?

admin
    Participant

Hello,

I see you are from Canada so I suppose you are trying to dial a Canadian/US toll free number from Portugal. First of all, if you will be able to dial the toll free number the call will not be free of charge. Toll free numbers are meant for free of charge calls dialed within a particular country. Secondly, some companies block access to their toll free numbers when called from abroad just because it doesn’t make sense for both parties to pay for the call. Now, to call a Canadian/US toll free number from Portugal you should dial: 00 1800 (or whatever toll free prefix) ??? ????.

cellishiegel
    Participant

I agree toll free number is not free at all when calling the number from abroad.US and Canada toll free default prefixes are 800,877,888 and 866.

dariusvayne
    Participant

NOTE: you will be charge if you call a toll free number from Portugal to another country.

Dialing a toll free number from Portugal is like this:

00 + country code + toll free phone number

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam