Calling usa from mobile

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling usa from mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andra
    Participant

hello
    I was wondering how I can call in the USA from Romania from a mobile phone.I dont understand the prefixes exactly.First I put 001 then the prefix(for NY?) then the number but still it gives me wrong number or that it isnt alocated for the area I am dialing from.Am I missing something?Any suggestions?

admin
    Participant

Hi Andra,

You should have, as you said 00 1 followed by a 3 digit area code and 7 digit local number: 00 1 ??? ??? ????. If this is what you’ve been dialing without success there are several possible causes: either your mobile plan doesn’t include/blocks international calls or maybe you aren’t entering the right area code for NY. Here’s a website providing area code information: https://www.whitepages.com/area-codes

If you still can’t dial I can help you out by trying to dial this US number for you, just to see if it rings (this way we’ll know if the problem is on your end). If you wanna do this just send me the number you’ve been calling using the Contact button at the top right of this page.

admin
    Participant

Andra,

I got your number – it is a landline from New Jersey (US state neighbouring New York). You do not need to add New York’s area code 212 – just dial the number as it is: 00 1 609 771 ????. All US phone numbers are 10 digit including area code. This is not a NY number.

andra
    Participant

I don’t know how to thank you enough.It seems I was actually dialing it wrong.Now I have caught a line.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam