Calling with a US cell phone in the US to a US cell phone in Europe

Forums Forums Questions answered Calling with a US cell phone in the US to a US cell phone in Europe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cesarcolis
    Participant

I’m in the US and have a t-mobile cell phone, my girlfriend is abroad in Europe and has an AT&T iphone. I was able to speak with her just by calling her normally as if she were here in the US, but my guess is that it was a super expensive call.

Is there a cheap way to do this??

Thank you!

admin
    Participant

Hi,

The call was expensive for her – you pay the same rates as if she were in the US. This is how international roaming works, so there is no other way for you to call her to her US cell. For her to avoid incurring high roaming charges when receiving calls she could buy a SIM card with a number from the country she’s in. In this case however you would pay international rates to call her.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Heads-up

Some information on these forums could be outdated - countries change their numbering plans periodically. We recommend using our top menu to double check the correct instructions for dialing to a specific country.

User input paused

As of October 11, 2022 we no longer accept new user registrations or existing topic replies. Please contact us directly if you have a question or browse the older forum topics for answers.

Popular forum topics

Argentina Australia call calling call uk Canada cell cell phone charges chile China collect calls country code philippines emergency call england faxing france germany Help Indonesia international international calling Iran Iraq Ireland Israel italy Japan korea Kuwait landline long distance MEXICO mobile Morocco nepal New Zealand Nigeria norway Peru philippines portugal prepaid saudi arabia SMS Spain text texting toll free Turkey UK ukraine united states US usa us cell phone abroad Vietnam